Thai Visa Expert has a friendly and efficient team ready to assist you. 

We offer 100% free consultation via email

Thai Child Dependent Visa (Non-immigrant O)

There are several forms of Non-Immigrant O Visa, but one of the most important is the Thai Child Visa, which helps reunite a child with one of their parents. The visa is designed for a parent; usually, the father, separated from a Thai national and has a child or legal step-child with their former partner. They often have legal custody of the child, while in some cases, the two parents may still be together but not be legally married, so the Non-Immigrant O Visa (Thai Child) allows them to reside in Thailand long-term.

How do you obtain a Non-Immigrant O Visa (Thai Child)?

Most parents wishing to be granted a Thai Child Dependent Visa enter the Kingdom on either a Thai Tourist Visa or use the Visa on Entry 30-day exempt stamp. Once you are in the Kingdom, assuming you meet all the required documents (see below), we will start the application process. The initial visa will be for 90 days and then can be extended by a further 12 months if your circumstances remain unchanged and the Thai Immigration Department is satisfied with your status. In effect, the first visa is valid for 15 months, and you will then need to re-apply annually for a subsequent visa.

What are the requirements for a Non-Immigrant O Visa (Thai Child)?

We fully appreciate that there will be a lot resting on your application for a Thai Child Dependent Visa, so it is essential that you have all the documents ready. You will need the following:

  • Your passport with a minimum of six months remaining and two free pages available
  • Three passport-sized photos which must be professionally taken against a white background. You should not smile in the photos, wear a shirt with a collar and remove glasses or any headgear
  • Photocopies of your passport including the personal information page, the latest entry stamp, your existing visa (not applicable if you have a Visa on Arrival exempt stamp), details of any extensions and your TM. 6 – also known as your Departure Card
  • Not less than THB400,000 held in a Thai bank for a defined period (subject to change) as proven by a recently updated bank book and a supporting letter from the bank confirming that the balance is correct
  • Your child’s original birth certificate where you are named as a parent along with a copy, or the original and a copy of the legal adoption papers (if necessary, an official Thai translation will be required)
  • A copy of your child’s house registration, known as the Tabian Baan
  • A copy of the letter from your child’s school confirming their enrolment
  • A clear colour photograph of the father and child together at the school with the name of the school is clearly visible
  • A photo of the school name
  • Three pictures taken within the school grounds, for example, in a classroom, of the playing fields and any dining rooms/canteen
  • A copy of the child’s mother’s house registration
  • Where applicable, a copy of your marriage certificate (to the child’s mother), your wife’s ID card, your wife’s Tabian Baan
  • Clear photographs of the father at the family home, both inside and out, including pictures outside the house showing the house or unit number, the bedroom, living room, kitchen and dining area. ALL photos must be taken by a third-party as selfies will NOT be accepted
  • Proof of address will also be required as follows:
    • If you are the registered homeowner, a copy of the ownership documents (Chanot)
    • If you are renting the property, you will need a copy of the signed rental agreement, a copy of the landlord’s house registration, a copy of the landlords Thai ID card or if a foreigner, their passport

Why use a professional visa company?

Applying for a visa in any country can be stressful, and with a Thai Child Visa, there is the potential for families to become separated if things don’t go to plan. At Thai Visa Expert, we will ensure that you have all the correct paperwork and can liaise with immigration officials on your behalf. We have an established and trusted professional relationship with Thai Immigration and know what is currently required, thus increasing your chances of your visa being accepted the first time.


Who We Are

We are experienced in Immigration Services with a decade of solving visa problems and helping our clients. We consider our strength as being 100% honest up-front with our clients.

Contact Details

Call: 0642691922English/Thai
+66 642691922 WhatsApp
Line: thaivisaexpert
Tel: 02 138 3651
Monday – Friday (9am to 5pm)
Fax: 02 117 9244

Useful Links

Office Location

True Expat Services Co., Ltd.
Bangna Complex Office Towers
2/52, Floor 11th, Bangna Trad Soi 25,
Bangna, Bangkok – 10260



45 days Exempt visa stamp is no longer offered which was implemented on October 1st last year 2022 as an effort to help stimulate the Thai Tourism Industry. All the countries that eligible for Exempt Visa stamp will now get only 30 days upon arrival.

For those who want to stay longer for tourism purpose, travelers can also apply for a 60 days Tourist Visa head of time, which is of course, more costly and requires uploading a variety of documents as most embassies have moved to the E-Visa application system.

Either way, the Exempt Visa stamp for 30 days and Tourist Visa for 60 days can extend their stay for another 30 days at the cost of 1900 THB at a local Thai Immigration in Thailand. However, some nationalities may receive extension not more than 7 days on a Tourist Visa (if not eligible for Exempt Visa stamp)